Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Give her a chance

That is definitely something I need to say to myself more often. I think I can be my own worst enemy sometimes. I often find myself setting goals or challenges that I know are more or less unattainable..and then when I do not achieve them I get angry! I think sometimes, I set myself up to fail, so that I avoid actually failing at something that I either a) really wanted to achieve or b) should easily achieve. Truthfully, I am terrified of failure.

Today I had my first session back at the gym, and I had met up with a trainer to create a routine that I can use when I go to the gym. For the record, I have done this several times in the past and always become rather lazy. This will be different. However, instead of trying to make it easier on myself, I skipped breakfast (Much to JGF's disgust), and about 3/4 the way through my workout, I was pretty sure I was going to faint... reallll good start Marlee. So I have sworn to myself, turkey and eggs for breakfast, especially before working out.

I've asked JGF and other close friends to read my blog, not only just so they are aware I love them or anything, but to ensure I stay hones with myself, with my writing, and I suppose in a way..with them. Too often I avoid communicating the things that are on my mind, may out of cowardice, or maybe because sometimes, after communicating with people for eight or so hours a day.. I really just want to sit down, and be in and out of my mind for a few hours. Either way, it is most definitely something I need to work on.
Do you notice qualities in yourself that you need to work on, whoever you are?




Today's quote:
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."
- Oscar Wilde

Note: I am going to try and change this for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment