Monday, January 9, 2012

Food; my lover, and my enemy



Everyone who knows me, knows that I have a problem saying 'no' to food... I'm not a glutton in the sense that I want to eat all food, but a glutton in the sense of over-indulgence. There are some 'food groups' that I knowingly love, those food groups are Mexican and Chocolate..and wherever possible Chocolate Mexican. I'm not overly experimental ( much to my brother's dislike), but in the last 12 months or so I have actually broadened my taste buds a little ( Helloooo Subway!.. seriously, I've only started eating subway in the last 18 months).

In an effort to continue with my healthy mental state, healthy life shtick I have going on I am adjusting my diet. I have started eating dinner regularly.. as in actually eating food after about 4pm. Tonight for instance, I am having chicken, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. I am taking my lunch to work/uni with me. So far it's been peanut butter sandwiches and muesli bars, but hey! It's an effort right? The other positive about my new job is that it is not close to any food places..of any kind. So no more fast food being my easy option two or three days a week. Now I must bring my lunch.. or starve.. lunch it is!! I know this is the loser's way out of saying no to temptation, but we all have to start somewhere.

This week, I intend to try eating vegemite on toast for breakfast, as well as juice and a banana.
I am also going to buy things like yoghurt, bananas, and other delicious treats for meals and snacks.. I often eat poached eggs with turkey on wholemeal bread which I love!! I'm willing to make these changes, but sometimes I know I can be a little lazy and just pick the easier option.. like a block of chocolate, or simply not eating at all, but this time I am hoping to make a permanent change.

Do you find it easy to change your diet?

No comments:

Post a Comment