Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentines Day


Saint Valentine was a priest in 269AD who continued to marry lovers after Rome passed a law to end weddings. Because he believed in love he disobeyed the law and was sentenced to death. It’s 2012 and the law still says certain people aren’t allowed to wed their lovers.
Does anyone else find this preposterous?

People who know me will know I'm not particularly fond of Valentines Day.. I think it's just like Halloween, a silly American 'holiday'. However, I don't mind taking some time to gift some things, or do something a little special; which is why I have created a treasure hunt in our apartment for Jordan. There are just two small presents at the end but it's the fun that counts!

I'm so excited for Jordan to come home and get started on it- the above photo is the first clue, taped to our front door.
Do you do anything special for this or any other day?

No comments:

Post a Comment