Friday, February 17, 2012

Bikini Bakin'

So, I had some free time today and with the house to myself, I decided to do a little baking- in my bikini. I searched Pinterest for inspiration (Yes, you can find me on there- posting photos of chocolate and cute puppies), I stumbled across Brandy and her fantastic baking blog(http://brandysbaking.blogspot.com.au) thanks to some delicious looking photos.

So, I present to you: Chocolate Chip Crownies


Brandy's name for them was Chocolate chip cookie brownies, but that is just too much for me ( and my arteries to handle) so I shortened it to my own little name. So the CCC's are pretty easy to make, I'll definitely need to bake them a few more times before I memorise the recipe, but it was straight forward.

Brownie Layer:
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped
3 tablespoons dark chocolate peanut butter, Nutella or creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Cookie Layer:
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Heat the oven to 350F. Line a 20x20 cm square baking pan with baking paper; spray the paper with non-stick spray.

2. (Brownie Layer) In a small bowl, combine the butter, chopped chocolate, and dark chocolate peanut butter. Melt in the microwave until smooth. Set aside to cool.

3. In a medium bowl combine the second 3 tablespoons of butter, sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until smooth.

4. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and whisk to combine. Whisk together the flour, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture. Whisk until no large lumps of flour remain then spread it evenly in the prepared pan. Set aside.

5. (Cookie layer) In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy and smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until blended. Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until most of the flour is incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.

6. Scoop the cookie dough into the brownie batter and spread slightly. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the edges are just set and the center does not wobble when the pan is shaken. Cool completely. Remove bars from pan and cut into small squares.


Give them a try, they are fantastic! I can't wait for JGF to try them

No comments:

Post a Comment